BCom students are required to complete a set of seven 'core' required papers, ensuring that every BCom graduate has a broad understanding of the business environment.
100 Level Papers
- BSNS 102 Quantitative Analysis for Business (18 points)
- BSNS 103 Marketing and Consumption (18 points)
- BSNS 104 Principles of Economics 1 (18 points)
- BSNS 105 Management and Organisations (18 points)
- BSNS 106 E-business and Information Systems Development (18 points)
- BSNS 107 Understanding Accounting (18 points)
- BSNS 108 Business Finance (18 points)
All but BSNS 103 and BSNS 106 are recommended in a students first year of study toward the BCOM (INTB) major, as well as at least two language/cultural papers. At an absolute minimum, students are encouraged to take BSNS 102, BSNS 104, BSNS 107 and BSNS 108 in their first year.
200 Level Papers
- ECON 201 Microeconomics (18 points)
- One of the following MANT papers (18 points)
- Any other 200-level Commerce paper agreed to by the Director of International Business
300 Level Papers
- ECON 302 International Trade
- MART 326 International and Export Marketing
- MANT 332 International Management or MANT 341 Management in Asia Pacific
- Any other 300-level Commerce paper agreed to by the Director of International Business
Important note: The specific prerequisites for each of the above papers generally do NOT apply to International Business students.